Pages

Search blog and web

"Taking the Lead" = Taking the initiative?

Is this what I've been missing and failing to understand? I've had trouble differentiating between taking the lead and being controlling. Specifically, I've wondered how a man takes the lead if the woman doesn't cooperate by following.

But something I read (on Glover's site :o) seemed to indicate it is more about taking initiative, or leading by suggestion. Instead of asking what she wants to do or telling her what to do, you suggest doing something (in an assertive rather than wishy-washy manner). She then has the option to accept or decline, and if she declines, to come up with an alternative. Is that how it works? Have I fulfilled my leadership responsibility simply by offering a suggestion?

For example, dinner tonight, do you:

1. Ask "What do you want to do for dinner"
2. Tell her "We're going to such-and-such, get ready"
3. Suggest "Let's go to such-and-such, haven't had Bangladeshi food in a while.

From what I understand, #3 is the "correct" option.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment