Pages

Search blog and web

Resumes/job hunting

I know job hunting, and starting out on a new job sucks...I had two long term jobs early on, 13 and 19 years in duration.. So I was later in life before the suckage started...

Lost a job, and the morning of my first interview was 9/11/2001....I actually made the interview, and got a call back 3 years later ....

At this point I had just over 10 years to retirement, and my greatest wish was to find a productive job that would let me finish my career with a little dignity....

It probably took 5 years for work to pick up in my field, and I beat my computer to death re-working resumes, and cover letters....

In between I did contract work, a week to a few months all over the Eastern U.S....

All this time, my wife said I was "Playing on the computer"...I wound up landing a couple of fantastic jobs....

Any job hunting stories out there....HOPEFULLY GOOD ONES...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment