Pages

Search blog and web

Am I in the wrong?

  • Thread Starter

Hi guys!

Little bit of back story: My 30 year-old boyfriend is in the army. I get to see him at the weekends, and happily spend my free time with him every weekend. We had arranged to go with his mum to a jazz evening on Saturday, but he was told this weekend was a working weekend, and so couldn't come anymore.

My friend Holly who I don't get to see often as she's at uni in Plymouth invited me over, and to make the 2 hour drive make sense, I'd need to go over Sat eve. I said I couldn't go as I'd already arranged to go to the jazz eve with my boyfriend's mum. My boyfriend informed me today that he could come home this weekend, and asked me if I was heading down to my friend. I said yes as there was one ticket now anyway and I'm sure his mum would prefer him to me. I asked him what he would do instead, and he said work on his house.

I said I'd let him go as she'd probably prefer him smiley face etc, he said 'Do you actually want to go? I'm sure we could get another ticket. Or would you prefer to do your own thing?' I said I'd go see my friend. He said we could get another ticket. I said I'm not coming (nicely :)), he said let her know and I asked if he was going to tell her he was coming as it'd be a bit weird if I let her know instead of him and he said he'd call her tomorrow.

His tone then changed. He asked if I didn't want him to get another ticket. I asked him why he was suddenly annoyed, he said I was giving mixed signals, I said no I wasn't. Been straight from the get go. He said he wasn't sure if I'd said it because I didn't want to go or because I was making space for him, which doesn't make sense as a reason if he could get another ticket anyway.

Am I being a dick? He's always saying I can do my own thing and I usually choose to spend time with him, then when I do he gets annoyed. I would have gone if he wasn't coming back, but now he is and his ticket has been sold, it makes more sense for him to take mine and for me to see my friend than to make a bit fuss over getting another ticket.

Such a stupid tiny problem but I don't want to stand my ground if I'm in the wrong. Thank you to anyone who read through that crap. Stupid tiny life problems. Gah!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment