Pages

Search blog and web

Married 10 years and not even 30 yet!

Hello everyone! I've been an active reader for a couple of months and decided to finally post myself. I'm 29 and will be married 10 years in December. My husband and I got married when I was 19 and he was 20 in a tiny little court house in my small town. And in 100% honesty, I'm still madly in love with my husband and I know he feels the same for me. I didn't come on to brag about my marriage because i KNOW I'm not perfect and either is he, but I think we're just right for each other. We've had many ups and downs in our lives (two major ones were having a child with special needs and myself having major back surgery at only 24) but we've just kept our heads down and plowed through. If I had to give advice to any new bride on how to have a long and happy marriage would be a couple of things that I know are not too PC now. Treat your husband like a man, respect him, love him, let him lead as long as he's looking out for whats best for your family. Don't na g, compliment him, put some effort into your appearance. My husband loves red hair (I was born a brunette) so I dye it, it doesn't take much time and I know how much he appreciates that I do it just for him. Put down the cellphone and talk! We own a very cheap prepaid phone only for an emergency and that is it, no iphones for us. Be loving and compassionate, forgiving and last but not least have sex! I've had major back surgery and we still keep it very spicy in the bedroom so there is really no excuse. We've just had to change a couple of positions to help suit our situation. I make sex a priority because my husband makes being romantic and compliments a priority. Men feel close to us when we're in the bedroom and they deserve to feel loved too. I know this is long and I know i'll get the "what about that man, isn't he supposed to do stuff too" comments but i'm coming from my perspective. I love my husband and I love our family, and I'm always trying to improve our home lif e and our love life. Never stop doing that, no matter how long you've been married!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment