Pages

Search blog and web

Wife is ungrateful and unappreciate of my contributions

We have been married for about 15 years. For 14 years, she was stay at home and we have 2 kids. I worked and brought home the money and saved up enough that we have been able to buy new cars, a nice $500k single family house in a very good neighborhood and we are able to spend on what we life (within limit). I am saving for retirement and for kids' education. I invest money wisely and have no debt other than a new car I got (which I can pay off today) and our house which is 52% paid off after just 5 years.
In summary, I am very responsible with money and we are secure mainly because of my efforts. She did not bring home money, but she does the cooking, used to do laundry (now I do it), and everything else inside the house. I do the lawn and all the outside work.

The problem is she does not appreciate anything I do. She always hints that she wants to be treated special "because she works". Hey, I work too, I have been for 15 years in stressful situations and making over 100k for a long time. She makes half my money. I told her that we reached a net worth milestone today and she listened. Then she got angry for some silly reason and started taunting me about it "what is the use of making the money, you don't spend it". If I spend it like a drunken sailor like some of our friends did, we would still be in an apartment/townhouse like they are.

She is very ungrateful. I am not sure what else I can do. A little bit of appreciation would make me feel good as a man and love her more. Now I feel used.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment