Pages

Search blog and web

Are you born with your sexuality or can it be influenced by external factors?

  • Thread Starter

This is kind of an extension of the whole 'nature vs nurture' debate, I guess. Despite most LBGTQ+ people saying they were born with their sexuality, and therefore cannot change it (which I totally accept, by the way), as more of a believer in the 'nurture' side of the debate, surely the nurture can extend to ultimately influencing your sexuality? For example, I have grown up surrounded by heterosexual people (obviously due to the heteronormative society in which we live), however only once I started learning about issues surrounding social justice and finding many friends who identify with a sexuality that's not heterosexual, I have found myself becoming more open with my sexuality personally. (I'm not looking to be malicious or offend anyone in any way, just curious to find out what people think about this!) So, opinions?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment