Pages

Search blog and web

My family hate my boyfriend who they haven't even met!!!

  • Thread Starter

I love my boyfriend and I want to be with him. My family have been against him from day one though as they really liked my ex boyfriend who I broke up with.
It all stemmed from a drunken incident in which me and my boyfriend were on a work night out while we were acquaintances. We didn't have each other's numbers at this point and I had passed out alone because he thought I had gone home and left himself. It wasn't anyone's fault, especially his as there was nothing he could have done, but ever since this my family have held a grudge.


I was brought up by my grandparents predominantly but my mum has also has input and I have pretty much been wrapped up in cotton wool all my life and it drives me crazy. I'm 20 now and therefore capable and have been for many years to make my own decisions.


Me and my boyfriend have been through a few arguments and stuff like that like any couple has and the recent one made me feel quite upset and ill and all I wanted was for things to be sorted out, and they were and my family were furious because he made me upset.


I feel like I can't talk about him around my family without them frowning or starting an argument about how I shouldn't be with him and I don't know how they can pass judgement on someon e they have never met.
I'm so scared about them meeting because I'm scared it's them just going to have a go about our arguments and other stuff and that it wouldn't be civilised. I feel torn between the two and it's hardly nice telling my boyfriend that my family hate him. I honestly don't know what to do about it anymore. It's making me begin to resent them for trying to impose what they want on my life.

Some or you will think 'oh they only care' but tbh i think their behaviour towards him is extreme and they aren't really accepting what I want..

any advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment