Pages

Search blog and web

Double Standard on TAM?

I recently wrote about dealing with my feelings about a possible reconciliation with my H. I've been separated 3 months (I left him) and have been dating another man casually. Married 8 years, dated 2. No kids. The 3 responses I received all agreed with this comment "c'mon, you slept with another man on your anniversary night, if that isn't sign enough that your marriage is dead, I don't know what is. Cut your H loose and move on."

Then I read a quite similar story about a man who left his wife. He, however, has been seeing someone seriously for 6 months, starting right after his separation, but he's considering going back to his wife. He does have a teenage daughter so that's a difference. He received a lot of heartfelt comments about his predicament and a mix of advice - some saying move on, but many saying try MC and give reconciliation a shot.

Why the discrepancy? Just because I didn't want to be alone on what would have been our 8 year anniversary doesn't mean I don't still have feelings for my husband. It can just mean I'm lonely and vulnerable. And confused. Yet I felt very judged for my behavior here.

Was it because I was mostly responded to by men? Not sure.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment