Pages

Search blog and web

Should I be bothered that my friend is homophobic?

  • Thread Starter

I've had this friend for about a year and she is quite a nice person, but a few days ago we came across the topic of homosexuality. Well rather she and her family were making a joke about someone being a lesbian but in a nasty way, and they well all laughing. So then I casually asked if her family were homophobic which she replied yes, and then I asked if she was too, and she said yes, without even hesitating.
Since then I have been slightly uneasy because I find discrimination against any group of people, whether by race, sexuality etc is disgusting. What's worse is that she's a Christian, and I thought Christianity was about loving one another but whatever (I just find it hypocritical).

Basically, I'm just feeling off with her. Am I overacting? I just think about the comments she made and her definitive answer of openly admitting she's homophobic, and it frankly still pisses me off.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment