Pages

Search blog and web

Should I stay friends with the person that outed me?

  • Thread Starter

Last year I came to the realisation that I'm gay but I hadn't come to terms with it due to my upbringing and religion so I hadn't come out to any one but kind of gave up with the pretence that I wasn't. One of my friends worked it out and instead of talking to me about it, outed me at a party to all of my friends. As a consequence I lost some of those friends. She then told some other people at school so before long my whole year knew.
This September I moved to a new school for sixth form and she also changed to the same school. I was hoping changing schools would give me time to come to terms with being gay without people knowing but she told people at my new school.
We've stayed friends although she's constantly rude and homophobic and has no concept of boundaries. I kinda want to stay friends with her but I don't really feel I can deal with it any more as I want time to deal with this on my own and not be constantly insulted about something I'm still insecure about.
What shall I do? Any advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment