Pages

Search blog and web

Awkward first date

  • Thread Starter

I met a guy online last week and he asked me out for a drink. I was certain all would be well and he wasn't a catfish. On the phone we got on like a house on fire, so I knew we wouldn't run out of things to talk about as such - forgetting I'm the shyest person ever.
When I first saw him I thought he didn't look like his pics, he took his pics from a certain angle mostly to draw attention away from certain features. I didn't feel attracted to him at all and I was upset about it cos we got on really well.

I said/did all the wrong things throughout the date. I didn't quite get his humour at times and I had far too any blonde moments ( not my normal everyday behaviour). I started to feel more relaxed when we played video games in the arcade, I sucked at everything which again doesn't usually happen. After a cocktail I felt even more relaxed and we spent more time getting to know each other.

I was still questioning if I was attracted to him or not. I know I can be picky however if there is no attraction it can't be forced. I looked around the room more times than I looked at him, I kept looking at my bag and being so damn weird. When he finally said it was time to go home I felt a little sad. I enjoyed talking to him. We shared the most awkward hug at the end.

Although I'm not 100% sure I'm attracted to him, I had a good night. For once I didn't feel like running in the opposite direction, I messaged him as soon as I got home and today I messaged him to apologised for my awkwardness. He wants to see me again! Soo we'll see how this one goes. He just asked if this is my normal behaviour and I told him the truth - I am a shy person when I first meet people. Thankfully he wasn't freaked out.


My question: as you know I wasn't instantly attracted to him and still uncertain. Do you think it's a good idea for me to out with him again? I mean maybe I need to spend more time with him to find out....

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment