Pages

Search blog and web

I really need some help.

  • Thread Starter

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum - it fits a variety of them and I needed to be anonymous. It generally pertains to relationships so it is, at least somewhat, relevant.

I'm a 23 year old graduate currently living abroad and have dealt with bi-polar depressive symptoms since the age of about 16.

Ultimately, my sadness and unrest comes from how alone I am and how I've never managed to be in a long-term relationship.

There are a few reasons as to why I haven't managed this. First, and I think most prominently, I have a small penis (not micro but just shy of five inches erect) and it absolutely destroys the way I look at sexual encounters. I've declined sex from various women over the years because I am simply too ashamed for them to see it and, despite having had the opportunity plenty of times, I think (there are grey, drunken areas) I remain a virgin.

As a result, every time I ask a girl out I'm looking for somebody who intrinsically interested in me enough otherwise to forgo the small package. Despite having had weight problems for as long as I can remember, my body image and general appearance weigh very heavily in my sense of self-worth as do the various skills I have. Every part of me screams to justify myself enough to myself so that I can feel comfortable dating and being with others. I'm also beginning to go bald, it seems, and my hair is quite a prominent part of my visual identity (so that's cool).

It strikes me that a lot of what triggers modern relationships are casual encounters, sexual-tension, "electricity" and other such things. And as much as I think I would be a sexual person, the whole thing now scares me a lot more than it does excite me.

And, honestly, inserting my penis into a vagina is a line I genuinely regard as arbitrary given that I've been as close to a woman as it's otherwise possible to me. Achieving the sex act doesn't bother me anywhere nearly as much as the idea of being alone for many more years.

Really all I want is somebody to love and share my life with. As insincere and trite as that may sound, I know for a fact that it is what would make me genuinely happy.

I don't even know what the question is here. There are too many, I guess. So I offer this somewhat pathetic story in the hopes that I can just gather some advice on the best way to proceed.

If you've read this all, thank you ever so much.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment