Pages

Search blog and web

Is my friend "cock blocking" me?

  • Thread Starter

Excuse the rather crude term, but I'm not sure what else to call it in a title...

So I'm in my twenties, and admittedly I'm not as experienced with women as I ought to be, which has become a bit of an issue for me, but I'm okay with that. Or I would be if I wasn't suspicious of my friend.

Unfortunately he's one of the few friends I've made at uni (I'm in my third year) and the only one who's ever willing to go out. Problem is he seems to screw it up for me every time we go out, for example...

  • One night I meet a girl who is generally interesting and attractive and we hit it off immediately, he catches wind and begins telling her stories about how awkward nightclub etiquette is "for the gays". When she says "Oh, you're gay?!" he answers in the affirmative, pushing against me, and she takes her leave.
  • Genuinely getting on well with a girl to the point that she wants to come back with me. I go to the toilet, as I leave he's outside and he tells me to wait there as she's in the toilet also. Turns out she never was and was at the other side of the club waiting for me, which I don't realise until too late.
  • Me and a friend develop something more than a friendship. He goes crazy saying I'm "stringing her along", that she could do better than "a mass of anxieties" such as me, and says the kindest thing to do is never speak to her again.
  • A girl I've got to know who unequivocally hit on me, he tries to push m e out of the way saying I "wouldn't understand" and then refuses me any leverage in the conversation whatsoever. This happened just today!


I would think he was just interested in them himself, but he's gay and has no interest whatsoever in women, which makes me wonder what he's up to. In the midst of this he insists on calling himself my "wingman", which is galling to say the least.

Am I being paranoid?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment