Pages

Search blog and web

I gave him money, and he cheated on me

  • Thread Starter

Ok first off, I know I will seem like a loser for having this relationship in the first place....but hear me out.

I was involved with a guy I met on holidays to sharm el sheikh, Egypt. I know what you are thinking....but he was not sleazy like the others, he felt familiar, he had many British friends. He was 'different'. He was my friend, and at first I didn't want anymore than this, but he pursued me in a sense. And once I let down that barrier, I fell in love with him.

I would go and see him every few months. But, I had trust issues and have them with all men. It all stems from the fact my dad had a 3 year affair with a Russian woman and it tore my family apart. My guy worked in the club scene, and went to clubs every night. I sometimes worried that maybe something would happen.

In June, another guy there told me he saw my guy kissing a girl. I asked him about it, and he promptly broke up with me. He said it 'killed him' that I didn't trust him.

The next 2 months, I almost got over him. I saw the downsides to the whole thing, and was moving on. Then, a month ago he started talking to me, just in a friendly way. Then he told me he had problems. He was living in his car, and had no money. I felt sorry for him. Then, he asked me for money. At first I dismissed this. But then one day he said, 'I will leave sharm el sheikh tonight and go home (to his village), and I will never return, sharm was my chance to get out of the Egyptian culture and maybe see the world, but the dream is over now.' I felt so sad for him now, and in my mind I thought, if he leaves sharm....I will never see him again. So I gave him the money to keep him in sharm el sheikh.

He then started saying that he loved me again, and I stupidly became hooked (again). We planned that I would go there and live with him in December.

The re-kindling of our relationship lasted until 2 days ago. He told me....that he can't do it anymore, and that he slept with a Russian girl last week. He said 'let's just be friends then talk about things when you come in december'. So basically....he wants to sleep around for 2 months.

Tbh, I get that maybe he didn't want a long distance girlfriend anymore. But what is tearing me apart now is that he proved me right- I couldn't trust him, as he did cheat on me, he did it before he broke up with me so yes, he cheated. It was also with a Russian girl, to add insult to injury (as my dad also did this). AND he also cheated on me after I gave him money to STAY in sharm el sheikh, the place with the 'freedoms' (freedoms to get with girls more like :rolleyes:)

And don't even get me started on the cheek of it, believing I would go and live there after this.

Go ahead, say I'm a fool. I just wanted to share my story and talk about it with someone, because it's driving me crazy thinking about it right now.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment