Pages

Search blog and web

Difficult in-laws

We still have our issues and are working hard on many of them. My in-laws are becoming more and more of an issue. Heres the scoop; They grow pot for a living, and have become heavy drinkers. My other half called up the other day insisting I take the kids to the park and leave them with his mom for a few hours. I said "no, until they are more involved and I see them without a drink in their hands at every occasion, I don't trust them".
We argue for 45 minutes about how they are reckless and dangerous. He doesn't agree, they are his parents and I get that. For me the entire situation is cumulative. Some examples include: Driving my 8 month old without a car seat, making excuses and justifying their son's bad behavior, never apologizing, threatening autistic nephews with ass beatings, critical of my parenting, lack of involvement ask to see the kids less than 4 times a year (they live 20 minutes away), never responding to text or pictures of the kids, going to every event with a beer and bottle of whiskey in hand (including small children's birthdays). Cumulatively they are just not good grandparents, I feel they are more concerned with partying than spending time with their grand-kids. They have a seriously dysfunctional relationship with their son also (growing pot and smoking out every time they are together).
I'm feeling like given everything I handle it pretty well. The kids under no circumstance can go visit grandma and grandpa at their home. Their grow is out of county code and I fear my children could be taken in the event of a raid. I'm open to letting them see the kids but feel it should be supervised. PERIOD end of story. They are welcome to come to my home but will not because I have made it clear no smoking weed and drinking will be limited. Is this the best approach? Any suggestions on making the man understand my feelings?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment