Pages

Search blog and web

Can't make friends during freshers' week

  • Thread Starter

(Anonymous or delete please)

I've been at university for some time now yet I can't seem to muster up the courage to go out anywhere or confidently speak to a group of people.

First off, I'm very anxious socially which results in me being shy, to the point of sweating, around girls and simply not wanting to be near them. The anxiety stems from my look mostly as I don't want to be known as "the ugly guy" around a lot of people so I think that I'll be doing everyone a favour if I stay in my room.

I also don't want to turn out like my father, who shows no respect around girls. I feel that I may exhibit similar traits around them if I were to go out, despite my best intentions to show a high level of respect. In turn, this leads to me staying in even more which may exacerbate the problem throughout the course of my life. I've been invited out yet simply can't because of my fear and I know that it'll cause me dismay later on in life.

Could anyone help me with this? Should I consider counselling at university?

Many thanks.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment