Pages

Search blog and web

Can't make friends at university

  • Thread Starter

Hi there, I have been going to university for 3 weeks now. The problem is it seems that nobody wants to be my friend. I talk to the new students on my course who really ignore me. This has happened on around 5-6 different occasions with different people. Basically I asked someone where they are from, are they enjoying course so far etc... At first they got talking a bit but afterwards say in another lecture they see me but don't sit next to me they go to someone else. It seems everyone in the lecture has a buddy/group of friends except me. I hate being the loner it makes me so sad and depressed. I try and be friendly and approachable. But either they don't talk to me much or they find/have other friends meaning that they aren't really bothered to speak to me. I feel so sad when I walk around the uni campus everyone has friends and they do stuff like go for a coffee, eat a pizza, go out etc.. Except me I can't even make friends let alone try and get some people to go out with me. I only know this one guy who I met on the first week but even he seems to have made a lot of friends and he is busy with his crew when he sees me he sometimes just says hey and goes

What can I do to make friends? It is completely depressing me and makes me think why am I at uni? Is anyone else having similar experiences/ or had similar experiences in the past? How do you overcome this?

Also to add I am quite shy and I don't really drink clubbing and drinking is a no no for me I completely hate the idea in lectures all people do is talk about clubbing, getting drunk, nights out etc... How do you adjust with these people if they are completely the opposite of you?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment