Pages

Search blog and web

ESPN posting of Rob Bironas death

Recently Rob Bironas was killed in a one car accident outside Nashville. I posted condolences and nothing more. I can't say that was the case for others. In the back of my mind...yes I did think...was he drinking.

Yesterday the Davidson County Medical Examiner's Office stated RB had a blood alcohol level of .218. The writer of this article stated he was "nearly twice the legal limit." Of course this was an error, it should have been three times.

What I saw as disturbing was many of the posts were pointing out the math error. A 36 year old person died. Yes it was due to him getting behind the wheel drunk and the responsibility was on him. But to have people focus more on the math or, most likely, a typing error than the loss of life just astonishes me. I pictured these posters as kids running around the classroom twice before going to the teacher's desk to inform her (in my day 95% of elementary school teachers were women) there was an error in the book.

As the comments went on, several stated they were "glad he went and off'd himself." He was a mile from his home, newly married....this does not look like a suicide attempt. The timeline of events do bring to light something was not being told. I can't see someone having a BAC of .218 in a thirty minute span. What will it prove by digging into RB and his wife's personal life? The only reason most people are following this is his wife's father is Terry Bradshaw.

RB should not have gotten behind the wheel. It is a miracle he did not injure or kill others. But the bashing... he made a bad decision and he lost his life. There is no need for disrespecting him. But this is the culture today. I was taught anything you post, would you honestly say this to the person it was intended for. I will go out on a limb and say 95% would not. What I posted...yes I would say...it was the way I was taught.

If anyone thinks humanity has evolved, simply read some ESPN comment sections.


Rob Bironas, former Tennessee Titans kicker, dies - ESPN

Rob Bironas, former Tennessee Titans kicker, had blood alcohol content of 0.218, tests show - ESPN

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment