Pages

Search blog and web

Can't afford to visit girlfriend :S

  • Thread Starter

I'm a postgraduate student in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend. We don't see that often, but when we do, we spend a good few months together. She lives about 6000 miles away, so it's really long distance.

Since a long while ago, I was planning to go see her for Chrismas for a month, but realised now there's no way I can afford it. I could maybe just get enough for the flights, but wouldn't have any left for living.

She can't afford to come here either, as she has an average salary in her home country, which is a fraction of a UK minimum wage..

I was relying on a very large commission that I'm supposed to get from a company I used to work for, but due to certain circumstances it seems like I'll be only getting it later next year, if at all.

Christmas is pretty soon and since I'm studying I can't work a full time job. I was looking at casual part time jobs, but most I found offer ridiculous salaries (in comparison to 'real' jobs I've done before), not enough to make much in that time.

I miss her so much.. this is making me feel to turn into something illegal.. (no, nothing idiotic, not wanting to rob a bank or steal bicycles, but thinking about some rather grey businesses that I have some knowledge in already..)

I have been googling all "get rich quick" schemes and to be honest I'm pretty desperate. I really don't want to stay here in the UK for that month when I could be spending my time with my love :/ ..

No idea what to do! Anon. for obvious reason.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment