Pages

Search blog and web

Moving Home for the Summer

  • Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for some advice regarding moving home for summer.

I have a job lined up and I don't need to rely on my Mum for travel, money, ect. However, its just not good enough for her.
I don't want to be treated like I'm 12 again, at 20 I want to do my own washing, come in late (rather drunk) and express my own feelings in the house without being hounded by my Mum.
I almost feel like I've hit that awkward early teenage stage again where I want to be an adult but I also want to be a student. I want nothing to do with the 'family shopping trips' or 'oh you remember so and so?' I'm completely disconnected with home life and I have no desire to rekindle anything from home because my life at uni is so developed through my job, friends and house-life.
I'm seen as an antagonist where my younger brother is concerned. He has 'anger and aggressive issues' which cause him to lash out and he often beats my Mum. He's 13. My brother has begun to quite happily blame me for his outbursts resulting in my Mum suggesting I organise my summer life so that I'm not in the house when he is. Jeez I've already set up a full gym and swimming membership so I'm never in the house but I feel so excluded!
I want to compromise with her but 'it's her way or the high way' which is a bitch since my brother is allowed to do anything he likes because his personality is 'more stubborn' than mine. - Basically Mum still tries to control my every move. Just because I make super noodles in the microwave and she does them in a saucepan doesn't make either of us wrong, it's just how I do it. She appears to be unwilling to meet me in the middle or find a common ground with my independence.

How do I handle this home situation? Thank you x

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment