Pages

Search blog and web

friend didnt want to set me up with a guy?

  • Thread Starter

i met a guy at a friends party and we hit it off really well and now we are getting closer and will probably be in a relationship once we know each other better.

however some things have been said which have confused me, he says he's noticed me before with our mutual friend and repeatedly asked her if she could introduce us or get us talking in some way, but shes never done it. now, my friend has known for a while that ive been single for a very long time and ive told her what my type is and about how guys havent treated me well in the past when ive tried to form a new relationship, it just hasnt worked out. so, in my opinion, if i knew a friend was single and looking and was a bit sad that theyve had so many bad experiences, if i knew someone who was nice and their type, id set them up, why wouldnt i?

so i dont really understand why my friend has never done this. apparently at the party he asked her again to introduce us, but she made up excuses like she was too busy, so someone else ended up doing it and thats how we got talking.

i feel a bit confused as to why she wouldnt do anything to get the ball rolling, she has a bf and theyve been together for years, but some people have suggested that maybe she likes him.

also after myself and the guy have been hanging out for a while now, she hasnt even bothered to ask how things are going or take any interest at all. she bumped into us oneday and didnt look very happy..

i dont know if i should say anything to her or just leave it. i kinda feel like shes been a cockblock and she couldve helped... maybe shes just not the type of person to set people up but a simple 'this is so n so' intro wouldve been fine, but even this she didnt want to do.

she also goes on about how nice he is etc so it cant be that she thought hed hurt me.

any ideas?


tl;dr: friend with bf hasnt bothered to set me up with a guy who was interested, no idea why, should i even bother to ask her?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment