Pages

Search blog and web

Advice on assets

Long story short - I have not been there emotionally for my wife and she had an EA. I confronted her about it. A few weeks later, she told me she doesn't think our marriage can be fixed and she wants a divorce. I did all the wrong things in the beginning. Begging, pleading, etc. Then I started the 180 and started going to IC. No one has filed yet, but she wants me to talk about dividing up our assets with her. She wants it to be amicable without fighting each other with attorneys. We live in a no-fault state. No kids. I know we can probably agree on all the small stuff like my bikes/tools and her jewelry/hobby stuff, but i'm worried about the larger items, in particular my retirement and the house.

We have about $150K equity in the house and about $200K in my retirement since we got married. We are both entitled to 50% of both. In our negotiations, would it make more financial sense for me to keep the house or to keep the money in my retirement account in tact? Looking for advice here. We've both expressed interest in keeping the house but i'm not sure what would make more sense for me. What are my options here?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment