Pages

Search blog and web

Casual friends to close friends..

I met two women over the past few years that are casual friends.

First is about 45-50, and is a leader of the local chapter of a political party. She seems nice, and whilst we don't meet up much outside of party stuff, we chat online and stuff. And she recently helped me on my information gathering/job search for a budding online marketing career, and introduced me to a friend of her's who is in the same industry. Our party is part of the government in our country but I'm seeing how scummy the entire process is and want out...I told her this, and she said that's cool, and I said I'd like to keep in touch, and she said she'd like that. She invited me to a meeting tonight, but I had work.

Second one is about a year younger than I am (I am 32), and is a dance teacher I met about 18 months ago. I like her also, like the aforecited person nice and down to earth. I find she's a capable teacher, and like the first woman we talk a lot online, and we know a bit about each other's lives, goals, dreams, needs, etc. She says she wants a child soon (biological clock) and she sometimes feels trapped in that most of her friends from long ago in school now have children and evidently don't have as much time to hang out..

She also gave me a drop home once, I know it's only a kindly gesture, but then I dunno it was like in the car we interacted like we were old friends. I told my mum this and she said she likes me, meh...I think she's just saying that because I'm her son, and as a woman she should know that a friendly gesture per se cannot denote attraction. I told her I may leave the country soon for work purposes and she told me to take my time and decide and wished me the best whatever, and we arranged to meet up if I go, well I suggested it as a thank you since I have become fitter/more relaxed/toned as a result. She also invited me to her friend's bar opening a few weeks ago, but I couldn't go because it was too far and I had no car. I'm thinking of asking her out though, even if I decide to move away, just something simple like hang out in the mall or go to the cinema and stuff.

tl;dr - both are casual friends at this point because we don't hang out much outside of these contexts, but then how can I move from casual to close friends?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment