Pages

Search blog and web

Staying friends with someone you still have feelings for

  • Thread Starter

At the start of university in September I found a group of awesome guys, and one girl, on my course and we became great friends. Around November, me and the girl started getting friendlier and ended up dating. Fast forward 5 months, we ended up breaking up and despite my best efforts could not make it work out again between us.

Since then, she's met another guy (typical egotistical douche, but that's another story), and I've acted like I'm over her. We're still close friends, still talk to each other and get on well together - if she wasn't with this guy I'd still honestly think there was a chance for something to spark up again. Nevertheless, I'm now trying to fully get over her. Problem is, she is again on 5/6 of my modules next year, and we're still both in the same circle of friends at university; simply saying 'avoid her' isn't going to help - that'll be near impossible. On top of that, she's still a great friend who I love hanging around with.

The problem is that despite all of this, I still have feelings for her and just wish that something could happen between us again. She's beautiful, funny, we share so many common interests (which, being a computing student, isn't a very common occurrence for me!). Every time I see her I just think back a few months to where I messed up, and hearing about things like this weekend where she met her boyfriend's parents make me feel like complete **** honestly. What can I do to forget about the past and stop hurting myself thinking about her?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment