Pages

Search blog and web

To those who are in a long term relationship: do you still feel 'in love' ?

  • Thread Starter

By long term, I mean several years. I used to be very much in love with my boyfriend but now I don't think I can bring myself to feel anything romantic towards him anymore.

Our relationship has gone very dull - we hardly ever do anything outside the house or show physical affection.

I still like him as a friend but I don't feel that he's really any more than that right now. Just a friend with whom I spend quite a lot of time being in the same place, but not even necessarily interacting that much.

On the other hand, I don't feel like I have the time to meet new people or the drive to pursue a new relationship now and without him as a boyfriend I would hardly have anyone to hang out with. Yet, I feel bored with him. But it's better than being alone all the time.

I don't know, it seems obvious that we should break up but it doesn't feel like the right time.
He also doesn't seem particularly interested in a relationship right now - nor in his relationship with me or in a potential relationship with anyone else. He's become very isolated and seems quite happy to spend all his free time at home, minding his own business.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment