Pages

Search blog and web

She's become distant

  • Thread Starter

I've been with my girlfriend for a couple of months since about March. We met at uni in September, were good friends and eventually made a move. We've been pretty happy since then (well I have), before I finished for the year, I would be at her room a lot, sleep over etc.. However she hasn't really told anyone about us, even our friends don't know (same circle of friends). I don't know whether she hasn't told anybody because she is shy (She's a pretty private person) or because she's ashamed/embarrassed of me.

We've broken up for the summer, finished exams and I still talk to her pretty much daily. Mainly via text as she doesn't really like talking on the phone. I've asked her out, or to meet up a number of times but she keeps making excuses, it's been more than a month and I haven't seen her or heard her voice. She'll take ages to reply to texts as in 36 hours to simple texts just to see how she's doing. I don't know whether that is because she is trying to distance herself from me which is what it feels like or if she just gets pretty caught up in stuff and forgets to reply. My brain tells me it's the former however my heart hopes it's the latter.

I've tried to reciprocate the behaviour but end up caving very easily. Mainly because she's my person to talk to if I have a problem.

I don't know whether I'm just a too attached person. Which I think might be, because it's been hard going from essentially living with her to not seeing a for a month or hearing her voice.

So my question is does it sound like I'm overly attached or she's trying to distance herself. Should I continue pursuing this relationship?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment