Pages

Search blog and web

Broke up six months ago but it still feels like we're together?

  • Thread Starter

I'll try and keep this brief: We were only together for eight months, but if felt like a lifetime because we were together 24/7 and I helped him through a bad illness and issues with his mental health, and vice versa, so it was kind of full-on and that definitely contributed to us breaking up. We broke up in December, my choice, I regretted it the next day and told him so, but he was having none of it. It had just reached the stage where it felt like he never really wanted to see me and only saw me to keep me sweet. But the thing is, six months on, I still see him pretty much every day and, after a rocky patch, we've got a very odd 'friendship'. It's basically all of the elements of a relationship, emotionally, physically and everything else, but he won't commit and say that that's what it is. He won't be my boyfriend because he's worried that it'll go wrong like it did before, but the thing is, I think both of us have changed since then and I honestly think it wo uld work. I love this man. This is the bloke that I want to have children with and marry. He says he loves me too, but it's as though I'm expected to wait for him to outgrow his years of wanting to go out all the time and want to settle down. Yesterday, he told me that if I ever get off with somebody else, whether it's in a nightclub or whatever, he'll never speak to me again. But why should I be 'faithful' if we're not even together?! I can't move on, I can't find someone else because it feels like I'm still with him, it's like he's got me on reserve just in case he wants me in a few years to come. I don't know what to do. Right now, I'm just hoping that one day, he'll wake up and want me, but why would he do that when he gets me with no strings attached and no commitment whenever he wants? What do I do, and do you think we'll ever get back together?


Posted from TSR Mobile

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment