Pages

Search blog and web

Wife of 26 years:

My have and I have been together for 26 years, since we were both 15 years old. We have had good and bad times. Recently in the last two years we have had a traumatic experience in our lives. Without going into detail I was accused of something I did not do in my business.

We lost everything, our home, business and not to mention the trauma it caused on our kids. My wife and I are like best friends. We do everything together, we are that couple that everyone says they want to be just like us.

I have had a terrible time the last two years. Fighting so hard against the accusations against me are almost paralyzing. But I had my rock with me, my wife.

About 5-6 months ago my wife thought she was getting early menopause, we are both 40. She said she felt different. Then a few months back she got real sexual, almost over the top. Then a bombshell this week... In this worst of times, she says she loves me but is not in love with me anymore.

I was floored. I don't know how to read this? Is it the trauma? Menopause? It crushed my soul. To say I am devastated is an under statement. Yet, I am trying so hard to stay logical. I was going to move out but we have two young kids, 15 and 9. She asked why I was so desperate to leave? That confused me, I said to her "You just said you dont love me" am I supposed to stay?

Then we spent the day talking, its not another man, I know this. Not because I am blind but because she would have no time and we are always together here or working. We are so intertwined into each others lives I know its not that.

She cried and didn't understand why she didn't have that in love feeling for me anymore. Now, there have been times in this 26 year relationship that I have not always felt "in love" but in my heart I was with her, would never leave and it came back.

We talked and she was saying some things that did not make sense to me. She still wanted to support me in my troubles with the business and legal stuff. Long story short we agreed to stay in the home for the kids and live as partners for the family.

She know I love her more than life. When I asked her if this loss of love is permanent and if so, I must move on. She couldnt answer the question. She said literally "I cant answer that".

What am I to make of all this, she does this at the worst possible time and to outsiders like my family and friends she will look like a monster. She has already to a select few that know about it. To do this to your husband at this time of need is pure evil. That it was some are saying.

Could this be menopause? Stress? She also stated that maybe she cant take watching me endure all these traumas and its a protect measure for her, a way out of bad things? I dont see or think that way so it's hard for me.

If anyone has any suggestions, experience, opinions, I could use them. I am crushed and dont really know what to do.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Edit or turn off Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment