Pages

Search blog and web

Am I wasting my time

We've been married just under a year.
I am aware that I can be insecure and needy.
I want the relationship to work.
I think she does too. But I am not sure she wants more than a roommate and provider.
We fight using hurtful words a bunch but seem to come back to a good place within 24 hours.
Thing is I am not sure I should keep working at it cause I don't get any return.
Example 1: I am traveling. I call her to speak with her when she knew I would be calling. Shortly after I am on the phone instead of engaging in our conversation she knocks on her daughters door and asks if she wants dinner and then proceeds to talk to me while she makes dinner. I felt like telling her that it felt like talking to me was a distraction. The conversation was very short cause we had nothing to talk about. I assume she is happy I'm traveling cause it gives her a break from me.
Example 2: every time we have sex when we are done she makes no comments and wants to turn over and go to bed. (yes I take care of her and outside of the bedroom I have asked her if she is satisfied and she says yes that she just cant do the whole intimacy thing afterwards) (there is a history there that influences this) I miss that and yes, I knew what I was getting into when I asked her to marry me.

There are some good things. We do many things together (although they must be scheduled around her daughters needs not mine) and when we are doing things together we are awesome. And recently she told me I was her best friend.

Am I wrong to want that closeness and if we have nothing to talk about already and she isn't willing to make our relationship a priority is it even worth continuing to try? Its like she doesn't consider me - but ion reality she does, just not in the way or to the extent I want her to. Ugh

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Edit or turn off Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment