Pages

Search blog and web

Military life ruining my marriage?

I'll try to summarize 6 years of my relationship in lengthy paragraph.

I first met her in 2008 at my sisters school event. I saw her from across the media center and we locked eyes. After the event was over she came over to where I was and we started talking. She found out that she was friends with my sister and we had the same friends. I didn't get her number because to me, she was out of my league and why would she want to talk to a guy like me? A little about myself... I had long hair, wore band t-shirts and played bass in a band. Now a little about her... she was tall, thin, long black hair and seemed quite popular among her peers. After a few days I was on the family computer and saw I had a friend request on MySpace.
Of course, I accepted the friend request and instantly we started talking and things kicked off. Shortly after we started dating. Things were going smooth until she started college. She started acting different. For example, she wouldn't respond to any of my calls or texts until late that night. Come to find out she started talking to other guys and going to the beach with them without me knowing. Now concerned, I did something I thought I'd never do and read her FaceBook message. In those messages she and this guy were talking about how much they liked each other and they should see more of each other and even invited each other to their house. After reading through those messages, I confronted her and we broke up for six months... In those six months I was distraught as hell... To cope with this, I needed a distraction and needed to do something I thought I'd never do. I joined the military. I enlisted in the Marine Corps. She found out about this and started talking to me about it. several months after that, we got back with each other and worked things out. We're now married for over a year and living in NC. She moved over here and she's having a difficult time adjusting after being here over a year. Military life is not easy for her. There is being gone for several months on deployments and late nights when on base. She kinda threw at me she she wants to move back to california and doesn't have plans on coming back. She said she'll be home waiting. You know.. What kind of person would want to do that? She's my wife. When she is gone I have no one. When she moves back she has everything. Her family, friends and opportunities she wouldn't have here. Yes, I'm jealous of that. Since she laid that on me I can't help but wonder why? I've have considered getting divorced because this "relationship" is quite depressing. We don't communicate, we interact with each other or seem to enjoy each others company.

How should I handle this situation????
please help. I don't want to end a six year relationship but I am considering it

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Edit or turn off Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment