Pages

Search blog and web

Being left out

  • Thread Starter

I got a job at this place a few months ago at the same time as Carl, Kent, and Tom (names are made up). Tom left within a few months as he didn't like the job so I've never gotten close to him. Carl and Kent are friends since they know each other from a different company. However the four of us were introduced the same day we joined the company.

As the months past, I found out that Kent and me would probably be just acquaintance and never friends, but Carl was talkative so was easy to get along. Soon, Carl and I just talked about things that friends talked about and I'd assume that we're friends now, and no longer acquaintance. Most of the time we'd hang out during lunch or sometimes breakfast so all is good. Kent on the other hand is a bit cliquey; he only joins events that matters to him or anything related to his job or his team. Since Carl and I are not in his team, we rarely go to his event.

But recently, Carl wouldn't go out and eat lunch with me if Kent's in. Carl wouldn't even sit on the same table with me if Kent's in. I was having lunch with another colleague the other day and they wouldn't even sit next to us (we have still two empty chairs). To be fair, maybe they didn't want to intrude but Carl's the kind of guy whom somewhat likes to intrude.

On several occasions, he kept on saying to my face, "Kent and I have been in this comp...", and I instantly went clueless with his statement. Whenever people asked him when he joined the company, he'd say, "owh, the same day as Kent". How about me? Didn't we join the same day? Am I so insignificant that I'm not being mentioned? Perhaps I'm not considered as a friend to Carl then?

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Carl. Not too sure what he's on about or is there something that I'm missing out.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Edit or turn off Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment