Pages

Search blog and web

Should I date while I'm unemployed?

Since finishing uni a year ago, I've been looking for a job. I've been living at home and have felt really down at times because of a lack of friends at home. My social life is pretty much non-existent. I have some friends which I see once in a while but not as much as I would like. Although, I have a good friend that I chat with regularly and can confide in.

I have been dating this last year but nothing worked out and I was left really upset. I'm currently trying to get over someone at the moment too. I have a habit of dating someone new to get over the last guy as this is my way of discovering and remembering that there really are better guys out there. It was really hard when a guy would use the fade out move on me too as it was harder to get closure on my own.

I've gotten into a vicious cycle: dating a guy makes me happy and motivates me to job hunt but then when it goes wrong, I'm unmotivated and feel miserable because I don't have a job or social life to occupy myself with. I already have 3 volunteering things that I'm involved with but this only takes up a few hours a week.

I really don't know how to cope with the loneliness sometimes. I really just want some company, which is why I want to date. I have been trying to find new friends too though but even when I have them there to chat with and console me, I still find myself yearning for a relationship because past failures just make me want to have it more.

I know job hunting should be my focus but I'm just too sad and lonely to do it sometimes. I have found that I am a bit motivated to do things when I'm out the house though so maybe this is the trick to helping me on my way: job hunt on my laptop in cafes or pubs, or something like that. But then I'm too scared to go home to an empty house and spend the evening alone. My parents work at night and my siblings are away at uni. I'm scared of being physically alone as all those bad thoughts about my dating failures can consume me sometimes...

I'm really confused as to what to do sometimes. Any advice or just opinions on my situation would be really helpful.

Thanks x




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment