Pages

Search blog and web

Cancer...Looms day by day...What do you do?

I just had a prostate biopsy done because of an inflated PSA number on a couple of blood tests that were done. I have been tormented with the thought of possibly having prostate cancer for a number of week leading up to the biopsy which was done 1 week ago yesterday. The visual screening that was done appears to be very good according to my urologist but the actual test results wont be available for 7 to 10 days.

I was told at the time that I had my biopsy done that I could not call my urologist for the results and had to wait until my next appointment which is not until Sept 27 to learn the actual lab results of the biopsy even though they will be back before then. I was told directly that I could not call before hand to get my results. Here I am, worrying my ass off and wondering if I have cancer or not. I find it really unfair that they make me wait until my next scheduled doctors visit to learn the results.

I am bi-polar to start and naturally depressed and all I think about is the worst case scenario that could happen to me. Has anyone else run into this situation were they barbarically make you wait for your next appointment in order to get your results? Is this just my doctor trying to ensure that I keep my next appointment so he can collect his fee for the office visit? Excuse me if I sound skeptical but I think this is really unfair that they torture me like this. Has anyone else had this type of scenario play out?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment