Pages

Search blog and web

My job has isolated me from everything.

I went to uni in Glasgow and graduated this year. After applying for about 100 jobs, I jumped at the first decent offer which was near London at a decent(ish) wage. I moved away from all my friends and family for this job and, obviously, it's been really really hard.

I found a place to live through gumtree, I live with a middle aged woman. I joined a gym and kick boxing classes which are great but it's about the only thing I'm enjoying here and it's only on a couple of times a week. I've not made a single friend yet.

I've been at my job for two months and slowly realising it's not what I want to do. Today I had a meeting with my boss and they said they might be extending my probationary period because I'm not doing as well as they'd hoped. Essentially they have given me no training but expect me to understand the software 100% first time round.

I almost dream that after the end of my probation, in a month, they will tell me to just call it a day and I can go home to my friends and family. I know they like me and are willing to help me, but I just don't know what to do. I don't want to leave and have it look bad to employers that I gave up so easily, but I'm really not happy. I'm lonely and I cry a lot, which is just not me.

What would you do?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment