Pages

Search blog and web

Jealousy Issues

I've been in a relationship for 2 years, married for 7 months. This is both our first marriage she's 39 and I'm 38. Since we're marrying late I understand there has to be ex boyfriends in the past. The problem is my wife constantly talks about ex boyfriends. She doesn't do it in a bad way. She is just chatty. However it's annoying. It seems anything we do comes full circle to an ex boyfriend story. Example we get a Webber grill for a wedding gift and she'll say, "Those are nice, when I lived with Chris he had a Webber and we liked it." We looked into tickets for a football game and she says "My ex and I went and sat on the 40 yard line." I'm military and had a promotion ceremony. After the promotion ceremony she says, "When I used to date the Army guy he took me here for his formal" The list goes on.

It was at a point where I'd here multiple ex boyfriend stories on a daily basis. I brought it up that this bothers me and she initially laughed it off. She kept bringing up the ex's and I snapped and let her know it really upset me. She's tried to cut back but now I'm ultra sensitive. We argued the other night over firewood. I was trying to decide how much to order and she said," I used to order half a cord" That set me off because of course the only time she had a fireplace was living with an ex boyfriend.

How do I get past this? I feel like a jealous ass.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment