Pages

Search blog and web

Pre-infidelity advice sought

Background - married for nearly a decade; couple of wonderful, very young children; at last one verbal fight per week; neither wife nor I have cheated to the best of my knowledge; I still love her, haven't felt she feels the same way for years; just started marriage counseling.

Today I was snooping ( :( ) on my wife's Facebook account and noticed a private conversation she had a short while ago with a very attractive guy from her past (they never dated...I think). It started out as a discussion about astrology, but ended up with the following facts:
  • the guy told my wife he wished he was into astrology prior to my wife getting married. Sounds like this is why they never dated. Very subtle hint, but it was there
  • he then went to great lengths to explain how the planetary alignment/angels/etc. were showing she'd be replacing me within a couple of years
  • she confided in him that we're having trouble in our marriage and that it might be ending sooner than that
  • this guy is a player and basically told her exactly what she wanted to hear
  • there wasn't much else to the conversation. Wife was loyal except for talking to this guy in the first place. Also, I remember the day this conversation took place and she was very cold/distant towards me that day

Confronting her about this seems like an awful idea as does simply doing nothing:confused: Anyone gone through something similar and had a successful outcome? If so, what'd you do?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment