Pages

Search blog and web

My wife seems selfish and controlling

I work from my house and so I have flexibility to pick up the kids or take them to activities. Recently, during the work week I took my daughter to cross country and picked her up so my wife could go play tennis. Then I get a call from my wife and she asks me to pick up my daughter from tennis in the afternoon so that she could go over to a friends house who has a pool and is taking my other daughter. I say okay but let her know in the evening I can't pick up our daughter from another activity because I am playing tennis myself. She says no problem that she would be back then. But later she calls me and says she wants to go out to eat crabs with her friend and that I need to pick up my daughter. I tell her no and that while working I did all these other things so she would be free and I have a commitment.

She basically starts yelling at me and the result now is she doesn't let me pick up the kids or take them anywhere. I don't have a problem with taking the kids to events and enjoy it but sometimes it feels like she is just taking advantage and only taking into account her needs. My wife has a lot of free time and does not work. She plays tennis on multiple teams, gets together with her friends when she wants to and has free reign over our checking account. She does do things for the family but is very controlling. Now I feel like I am being punished because I have things I like to do too. I can't even get her to understand that she is being selfish and I need some time to do things as well.

In fact, as a separate subject, when I get together with a friend for lunch she is always acting like I should not be allowed to do that. While I don't track her comings or goings at all.

Don't know what to do.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment