Pages

Search blog and web

No love lost

My wife of 13 years and I aren't getting along, mainly because of my resentment of her not working. I am short with her, sarcastic, and never look her in the eye when speaking.

When we married I expected her to find work again after having our first child, now 12. My wife has a law degree and an historic preservation degree and I guess I was pie-in-the-sky thinking we'd be living in Europe saving the world. She has not worked full time since our oldest of two was two months old.

I have run through my entire 401k, and, as a freelance photographer, do not make enough to keep us going month-to-month anymore. For the first time I am behind on bills, not looking forward to the long, quite winter on Cape Cod, and am feeling more and more depressed.

I am so rude to my wife I can't believe myself these days. She tries to be nice but I have so much resentment I tune her out and look for any excuse to start an argument.

She complains of psychological issues and her age barrier (54 yrs-old) as not being able to get a job.

I'll be the first to admit I am not the nicest person in the world. I have issues from my childhood which have soured me in many ways. If my wife were to contribute income, however, I think I would be kinder towards her.

Nobody has a magic bullet but does anyone have a take on this?

Thank you.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment