Pages

Search blog and web

Parent's divorce - Bickering

Some of you on here may remember my parents started their fast downward spiral in 2007 or so, and after living together for a few years in misery, mum moved out in 2009 while dad still stayed in the house and the bickering ensued with mum spitting poison at dad to us where possible.

It got worse recently when dad moved his new ladyfriend in without telling mum, and understandably she was annoyed as the house is half hers. When she said she wanted to be bought out or for the woman to move out, dad just took off (this was while I was in America). He was originally going to move to a town where his new woman has family, and its about 5 hours from home but for various reasons he is staying locally for another year, about 20 miles away.

So its come time to sell the house once I end my temporary stay there, and its become a bit of a comedy show with the parents absolutely refusing to speak to each other, but bitching about each other very agressively to myself and my siblings. The main issue has been the house has land with it, and the land contains a number of sheds which in turn contain a lot of dads tools and possesions, but also some of my posessions and some of my brothers (mainly classic cars).

I'm much better than I was, at one point the stress of it made me ill. But now I tend to laugh their behaviour off with some of my siblings and don't let it get to me, soon the house will be sold, i'll be living somewhere new and it wont be a problem for me. The only thing I feel conflicted about now is my 2 cars. I want them gone from the parents house just so I have no ties to all the bullshit going on, but at the same time one of them (the very sentimental one) needs to be finished being fixed up so i'm trying to do that before next summer.

I'm just venting really, trying to stay out of my parents way but also not wanting to lose some of the stuff I have which is important to me, so if anyone wants to offer some encouragement please do so :)




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment