Pages

Search blog and web

Does anybody else love soprano voices?

I love soprano voices, and I mean I LOVE them. Kathleen Battle gives me goosebumps. Sarah Brightman makes me smile. Sissel's smooth and effortless voice just mesmerizes me, and I even like the softer voices like Celtic woman features.

I don't seem to hear many people publicly express the affection for soprano voices that I have, but I always wonder where the other men are who love these kinds of voices. Are there any on TAM?



We have a friend who sings Soprano and my wife and I went a few months ago to watch her in Carmen - wonderful stuff! When she found how much I love soprano voices, she asked me what I wanted to hear and I asked her to sing "Un Bel Di" (From Madama Butterfly). She said she wasn't prepared, but a couple of weeks later, we invited her over for dinner, and she gave a private performance for my wife and me, and she sang "Un Bel Di" for me. I could have melted.



A few years ago, I began noticing how much of my hearing I was losing, and the thing that bummed me most was that I lost the most hearing in the soprano range. It didn't really just stop there as I got to the point where I had trouble hearing any soft-spoken lady, but the high ranges became nothing by tinnitus for me.

Since I got my hearing aids, that part of life has really come back for me. I can hear with my hearing aids, and I don't have tinnitus as bad, and my hearing devices help me hear sopranos without blowing me out on the ranges I can hear okay.

Any other men who go all goose-pimply over sopranos?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment