Pages

Search blog and web

dating a former lesbian?

This is kind of an odd question but I'm very serious about it.

I am a 35 year old woman who has been in a relationship with another woman for the last 12 years (and legally married since 2005). She had an affair, and so we getting divorced.

Before we got together, I had relationships with both men and women. Now that I am going to be single soon, I am starting to think that I might try to date men once I'm ready to start dating. I'm just curious how men my age or slightly older might react to dating a "former" lesbian. I've had family members tell me that a man wouldn't want to be in a relationship with me if he knew I had been married to a woman, but I don't know if that's just old-fashioned thinking or if there's some truth to it.

I am feminine and have a body type that some men seem to like, so I'm not too worried about attracting a man . . . I'm just not sure if I would know what to do with him, and if he would be concerned about my past.

So I guess I have two questions:

1. If we were on a date and I said I was married to another woman for that long, what would you think?

2. And this may be a dumb question, but though I've had plenty of sex with my wife but I haven't slept with a man for 13 years. Which means my experience with men is limited, and the experience I do have involved sex with guys in their early 20's. I would probably be dating men in their mid-thirties to early-forties. Is there anything I should know sex-wise about men that age?

I should probably try to dispel some common myths about lesbians--we rarely ever used sex toys, and we didn't have oral sex all the time. My stbx had very talented hands that could be in many places at once.

Obviously it depends on the person but I'm just wondering what your responses might be.

(I realize now that my screen-name might be read in a way I hadn't intended given the nature of this post. I was thinking more about it in the context of moving on from my divorce. :))




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment