Pages

Search blog and web

Did he cheat?

I have been with my husband a total of 9 years. We were together as an unmarried couple for 8 1/2 years, and were married October 2012. Our relationship has been great up until now. I had noticed on our cell phone bill in January 2013 his text messages jump from 150-200 hundred texts a month to 700, 800, 600 texts per month. I questioned it and he told me he had a work friend that would send him stupid forwards and all he did was delete them. I trusted him for a while until I found 1 text he had sent to this friend listed a "craig" that had sexual content in it. something about meeting in the hall at work and having his way with "him" but way more vulgar. however I did believe him because he and his friends do have a sense of humor that entails of that kind of talk (he works in a factory). I then started to follow my intuition and started checking his texts. I found the only person he was deleting the texts from was this craig from work. I questio ned him again, and again, and he would lie each time until finally I asked him to prove to me that it was actually craig. He then confesses its not craig- its someone else from work named Amanda. He swears it was completely platonic, no physical or emotional affair what-so-ever, that his heart belongs to me, and it was just friendly chatter back and forth to break up the monotony of the day. I then requested for a text log from my phone company and sure enough most of his texting was to this woman listed under Craig. I then contacted the woman, and surprisingly she contacted me back stating she didn't realize their conversations were putting strain on our relationship and that she would never have an affair with a married man, and that SHE had been cheated on before and would never put another in that situation. She apologized and promised me she would respect my marriage and not contact my husband again. they have not contacted each other in about 3 weeks now.
I did ask my husband why he would send that sexual text to her, and he promised it was a one time deal and that he thought it was a joke- trying to treat her like 'one of the guys' at work and he said after he sent it he did feel terrible that he did it and never texted her like that again.

can someone please help me figure out if this sounds like a legitimate friendship? or was it something more? the fact that he could lie to me for 6 months about this just breaks my heart.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment