Pages

Search blog and web

Women with money, what is the reality?

I have another thread about money issues with my wife, but I am wondering what other men face?

Growing up my mom was a stay at home mom, but I saw her sewing clothes for us, collecting coupons, never demanding anything, and she handled all of the money. My dad worked, she paid the bills etc.

So, I had this picture in my mind of what a marriage would be. 2 people on the same page, working together, having the same goals, saving, investing, thinking of the future together etc.

But now that I am married, it seems it is sort of me vs my wife.. She has no real care of saving for the future, frugality, what I make, what we save, etc. She just sort of seems to be there for the ride, thinking everything is magically paid, and me having to say no to certain things , which leads to her making a fuss, or "feeling controlled". She thinks of what makes her happy in the moment, instead of what is best for the family unit.

If it was just my experience, I would chalk it up to a bad wife. But it seems all of my friends have similar complaints.. Some wives stay at home and waste money.. Some wives work and keep all their earnings for themselves.. Other working wives run up more debt than they make.

Long story short, I do not know any married men who feel like real partners with their wives. Is that the reality today? Or do many men and women work together in sync and are on the same page? Or are men and women just vastly different in how they view money and saving?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment