Pages

Search blog and web

Any hope for change?

Only just found this forum, but signed up in desperate search of an outlet with people who understand.

Last fall, my wife of 6 years cheated on me. It was a brief occurrence... probably only a couple weeks from first meeting to sexual meetup (and only a few days after that before I figured it out). I was absolutely shattered. We are stark personality opposites and have always had our little rough days, but in the end we could at least always trust each other or so I thought.

Turns out our mismatch of sexual interests (i'm pretty... 'boring', you might say, while her interests are anything but) was more severe than I thought. After months of crippling depression and a painful degree of tension in the house, with counseling and time I came to have hope for reconciliation... and even to forgive her for what she'd done.

By the holidays we seemed to be doing enough better that I even agreed to cancel the remainder of the MC. Fast forward to March.... she is now almost 3 months pregnant... and I have learned in the past couple of days that she has begun cheating again - slightly before and now during the pregnancy. So far, this consists of an online long distance sexual relationship... and an R-rated lunch date w/benefits (with a different individual than the online relationship). The lunch date would likely have been X rather than R, I think, given a more private setting and less pregnancy nausea.

I have not yet confronted her about the lunch date, but since learning of it I've been overwhelmingly depressed, and my trust for her feels completely destroyed. Should I have any hope that she can change? I love this woman, but I cannot live with someone who will continually break my heart like this.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment