Pages

Search blog and web

Will the world of work be less lonely that university?

I there! I graduate this year. It's been fair. I attended a London uni and overall, the experience was fairly lonely. Everyone is so scattered around the city or in relationships or go home and what not that if I could go back, I would never have gone here.

Most weekends I stay in and just do work/exercise. My first year was fairly social but I stayed in halls for all three years (to save money) and didn't really make a lot of close friends. The close friends I did make during university are usually too busy with their partners now. Not that I mind so much - I'd describe myself as fairly content to spend time alone, but it's not how I expected university would turn out.

Anyway, I start work in September with a bank in the City and wondered whether this will be any better than university was? Like - the world of work, I imagine it's less lonely. Because at the moment I spend vast portions of the day just sitting and reading (I do a very reading based subject that many people would describe as 'boring') with little social interaction - something that I've struggled with because it is quite depressing.

In short - looking forward to graduating as I had a bad time at uni - will it be better?

Any advice would be helpful.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment