Pages

Search blog and web

Too mature for my age?

I've always known that i'm mature for my age. I can obviously act like a child like many adults anyway, for example my sister and I (she's 21 this year) can act 11 at many times, it's hilarious.

But generally speaking, I'm far less naive then a lot of people my own age and there's a lot they do/say that makes me cringe. It's difficult to explain so you'll have to take my word for it haha.

I have a job, and I'm working with those around 18-30. I particularly get on with one guy (let's call him James) who is 24. We met at work and became really close mates very quickly (he's gay so there's nothing sexual). I was 16 when I met him but I'm 17 now, he's just moved into a new flat and I spend a lot of my time there, his flatmate (23) and me clicked perfectly, we're really good mates now too. Another one of his mates (29) and me get on amazingly.

Basically all of my best mates (bar 1) are over 20, and I think thats fine, but my old mates, in particular this one guy (Chris), is growing up differently to me, and we're drifting apart. He's doing/saying all the things typical 16-17 year olds do and he is seriously naive about life and I don't mean to sound really ignorant or stuck up but I don't know how to connect with him anymore?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment