Pages

Search blog and web

Breaking up the LTR over FUTURE in laws?

Get ready for a long rant! Half of the reason why I am posting this is to vent, but I do pose a serious question at the end of you want to skip the very long rant I have written. The question part is in larger text at the end.

I have been dating my boyfriend for two years. I started living with him and his parents 18 months ago. Right when I graduated high school my mom decided to move. I didn't want to go because my boyfriend and I were inseparable. Also I would have to wait over a year to go to college thanks to out of state tuition. They agreed to let me move in and all was well.

I used to like these people, at first. They were very open and friendly. When my boyfriend was working I'd hang out with them or go out to lunch with them alone. Certain things about them bugged me, like their extreme negativity/racism and bad habits (smoking inside all the time with no regard for others living in the house).

In exchange for living with them I promised to do the household laundry, dishes, and clean up once a week (I also pay a hundred dollars a month for my added bills). Now I feel like I am getting the raw end of the deal because their dishwasher broke a year ago and they decided to waste their money on tons of crap, but since they have a free maid, no need to replace it! (They seriously went out and bought a $400 chair they didn't need at all!)

I spend a lot of time cleaning every day. Real maids actually get paid to clean WITH free rent. My boyfriend and I split a 70 square foot room (not joking) and there is one tiny bathroom in the house. I think it's fair to assume that the hundred bucks to help pay for bills and all the cleaning I do is more than fair for "free housing" .

I started a small online business and didn't expect it to go anywhere. Well it did. Last month I made over 8k in sales (this was a sudden change from an average of 2k before). I had no employees to help and my boyfriend works full time; I also go to college full time. I was extremely overwhelmed and didn't clean the dishes a few nights; that's when all hell broke loose.

One night the bitch (his mom) came home and saw I hadn't done the dishes yet. Mind, she gets off of work at like 2pm. When his dad got home an hour later they called us into the room and basically had a "bash on me" party. They basically said they hate me. I am a sloppy, messy person. I am ruining their "perfect" son. They want me out. If I do anything else wrong in the next month, I'm kicked to the curb.

I was shocked, really. I mean this was the first time in all these months I'd done a poor job at cleaning. They didn't bother to talk to me like human beings; and learn that the spring semester started and sales for my business increased 300%! They just wanted something to get mad about and some drama to be in. I didn't even say two words. I just let them yell and yell at me until they were done. I couldn't really say anything anyways.

These people are so freaking childish it's ridiculous. Ever since that night happened all I can do is think about why I hate them so much. They are working class because they were too lazy to attend college or training and get real jobs. I know this because the bitch's dad has a great military pension and offered to pay for ALL of her college. He already did it for her sister (and her daughter) and is doing it for my boyfriend. SHE was too lazy to go, so now she has a crappy paying job and so does her husband.

They used to get paid pretty well, before the economy sunk. Now they blame their poor salaries on illegal immigrants and black people beating the system, instead of themselves! Which it totally is their fault. They are so negative and all they seem to live for is complaining about other people. They are TERRIBLE with money. The both have cars they bought brand-new; one was over 50k new! Then their garage is full of four-wheelers and dune buggies. But their house is awful. Smells like rotting cigarette smoke and dog piss. It hits you like a brick wall if you've been out for a few hours. There is one tiny bathroom them and their two kids have had to share forever.

Apparently a few years ago they took at a 15k lone to build on the house, but blew it all on bullshit instead. On top of that their washer machine barely runs, their dishwasher is broken, their oven is half broken, etc, etc. Their floors are soaked with dog piss and have never been replaced. Terrible carpet or cheap linoleum that should have been replaced tens of years ago. They finally redid the roof this year after waiting five years longer than they were supposed to. My boyfriend's best friend came over and helped for over 30 hours, expecting to get some sort of compensation. They didn't even give him gas money.

They did a terrible job with their two kids. My boyfriend told me they have been smoking, in the house, like god damn chimneys ever since he was born! No joke, windows and doors closed, smoking nonstop with their baby and toddler playing on the floor below. I think that constitutes child abuse, because my boyfriend now has asthma and is probably going to have other problems in the future. They do the same thing with me. The smoke is so strong in the morning, even with our bedroom door closed, that it wakes me up.

They eat terribly. She has never cooked her family a meal from scratch in her life. All she does is go out and by frozen lasagna or whatever, throw it in the oven, and then tell everyone to come get it. So she is obese and her husband has diabetes. My boyfriend refuses to eat anything but cheeseburgers, burritos and pizza, thanks to them never offering him anything else.

My boyfriend's brother went out and got a 15 year old girl friend when he was 21!!! And her mom is like the chief of police or something!! This has been a HUGE problem for the past 4 years. Finally he knocked her up and got married to her. Then there was all this drama between the two families. My mom is a psychologist and offered to help because she suspected the other family had some personality disorders.

She spent all night talking to them. To my mom's face they were so grateful and nice. Asking questions and acting like they totally believed and agreed with my Mom. My Mom left and they turn to each other and say "I don't believe in any of that psycho babble!" God damn it I was so fucking pissed. They think they have the right to judge my moms CAREER that she went to COLLEGE for while you two fucked around like teenagers your entire life?? And if they didn't believe in it, why did they pretend to? And then make fun of my mom behind her back? Such fucking children.

That's when I really started disliking them so much. They have done nothing with their lives. They both worked meaningless jobs, by choice! They had the option to go to college for free and they used to make plenty of money to do so. But they chose not to. They are negative, racist and judgmental. They were terrible parents who poisoned their children with smoke, junk food and their bad traits. They look down their nose at everyone and pretend to be religious when I have never seen them go to church. They think they are model citizens and have gotten my boyfriend to believe the same, which is the problem.

My boyfriend thinks his parents are amazing people. He thinks their behavior is acceptable. I wish I could get him to see that they are simply not that great of people. There are definitely worst people out there, but he shouldn't hold himself to their extremely low standards. It's not okay to be lazy when you have the option to do much better, it's not okay to waste all your money on bullshit when the house is falling apart, it's not okay to eat like shit, smoke constantly, and raise your children in that! It's just not! And he thinks it is… I dunno I think it might be time to give up on him, simply because his parents have poisoned him so much. He is a funny, hard-working standup guy. I love him more than anything. But he was raised by some pretty awful parents and I dunno if I can risk him turning in to that. We are signing a lease to rent our own house because I just can't STAND living here anymore, but now I don't want to risk getting roped up with my boyfriend for 6 months to a year, unable to leave.


It's like I love him so much I am willing to try and make it work but I also don't want to take such a major risk moving out with him. I see more and more of the negative traits his parents gave him every day. I have no idea how to talk to him. He knows that after his parents yelled at me that one day, I have liked them a lot less… but he has no idea it's to this extent!


Oh also, one more reason why I truly despise these people. A few months ago one of their dogs was dying of old age. I took some vet tech classes so I could tell easily she had a bad internal infection. That poor dog suffered for at least four days before passing. On the first day I said "You should take her in and get her put down. She's suffering." The bitch said no. Want to know why? Because the dog had a huge tumor the size of a potato, that it had had for years, (something I had also said should be seen) and she didn't want to look bad. When the dog got really bad I offered to take her in and pay for everything, they still said no!!:boggled: The dog coughed up/puked up so much blood and had many seizures before finally dying. It was so depressing to watch and not be able to do anything about. All because she didn't want to look bad, it was insane.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment