Pages

Search blog and web

Does a height difference matter in a relationship?

I am a 21 year old female in a 3 year long relationship with an amazing guy. We have been through a lot yet are still together. Almost 80% of ur relationship has been long-distance (always in different continents) as he moved out to study, returning after long intervals. He is a simple and a very sweet guy and I am certain of his loyalty and love. I love him a lot too. We have not met since almost a year and cannot meet for another year and a half due to money and distance compulsions. Our plans are long-term and serious. The problem is I am 5'10" tall and he is atleast 3 and a half inches shorter than me! Love is blind I know but when it comes to marriage, I am a little embarrassed about the height difference as marriage is a huge social affair and everybody's business in my society. Even if I defy the society, I can't ignore my parents for whom it is an important issue. Personally also, I wish he were taller. I have discussed this in detail with him several times and he is trying to exercise, etc and work on the difference (which is so sweet). I can't be sure if this will work or not as he is already 22 and it is too late for a growth spurt now. Anyway, our marriage, if all works out, would not happen for another 6 years atleast as we are both in different countries and have tonnes to do still to make a career. I love him a lot but I just wish he was taller so that I don't feel embarrassed everytime people stare at us when we hang out as a couple. I need some guidance regarding "accepting" this fact and not thinking about it every now and then. He is a great guy who loves me unconditionally. We are best friends too and click very well. I could not have asked for more and feel like a horrible person in making height a big deal but it just bugs me so much sometimes!! :(




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment