Pages

Search blog and web

Her feelings have changed

Hi everyone, I signed up today because I feel like I'm at the end of my rope here.
My wife and I have been married just over 4 years now, together for over 5. We had a long distance fairy tale romance and loved each other so deeply.

However, over the last few years I have learned that I developed depression. Being the nice guy I am I've been trying to please everybody around me for most of my life, failed as you do, and left with nothing more than 20mg of Prozac a day and a crumbled marriage. My crappy job didn't help either.
For a while I had little enthusiasm for anything, even the things I loved doing. Saw few positives in anything and my wife withdrew herself to her own hobbies as she found it hard to deal with.
It wasn't like this every day though. Just a few days a week.

A couple of months ago, she told me that I had to snap out of my frame of mind and "step up". I had no idea I was depressed and couldn't see well through the fog.

Two weeks ago, she told me she wasn't happy anymore. I immediately saw a doctor and it was confirmed that I had severe depression. Treatment started, in days I felt like I hadn't felt in 10 years. Like anything was possible.

5 days ago, she told me that while she respected the efforts I'd gone to in getting the depression sorted out, applying for better jobs, and standing up to those who demand too much of my time, that she didn't love me as she once did. That her feelings had changed.

I know I neglected the most important thing in the world to me. Depression will do that when it gets a hold. I'm fixing my life at an incredible rate.

However, she is sat on the fence, trying to look inside herself and see if her feelings for me are strong enough to make our marriage work. She gets little time to think with her work commitments.

I also have an unpleasant feeling that somebody else may have turned her head, so to speak, while we were in our more recent bad months.

I cannot lose her. She's even more unhappy with our current situation, but cannot decide if she wants to stay with me.
The waiting is killing me. Despite being back to my old positive self, I can't help but think she doesn't really want me anymore.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment