Pages

Search blog and web

Missing the relationship not the person

Okay so, I haven't had a relationship since my ex (about a year ago). This is for a few reasons, at first I was really hurt and could not even think about a relationship with anyone and didn't see the point in dragging someone through that emotional mess.
Secondly, I had a lot of difficult events happen in a short space of time and I needed as much time as possible to heal from everything that happened. Again, I didn't really want a relationship as I wanted to have my own space and time to think.

So now I think I have come out of everything a lot stronger. I don't think about my ex unless I am lonely and that's how I know it's not him I miss, but the relationship. I also have seen him since and never really felt attracted to him anymore so that part of my life is over.

I haven't really 'dated' and wouldn't really know where to start. I just feel a bit out of my depth and up to now, noone has really crossed my path. I don't mind as I believe that if it was meant to be it will be etc etc but I don't know how to get past this very lonely feeling of missing being with someone and the closeness that comes with relationships and just having someone there who really knows you...
I don't want to and will not, throw myself at anyone just for the sake of 'being' with someone as I would rather wait it out, but any tips on making it easier? Or how to meet more people etc

I know it's a bit sad lol but any advice would be brill! :) Thank you




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment